Sunday, April 6, 2014

What Do You Think?

Both girls are under the weather again. :( Their perfect little noses have been running and they have a little cough. 

My husband Dan took both girls to the doctors on Friday along with the girl's babysitter. She went along to help since I had to work. Taking twins to the doctors by ourself is seriously almost impossible.  It's unbelievably hard to entertain them both and talk to the doctor all at the same time. I know it will get easier as they get older, but right now we always have to make sure we have two adults there. 

So anyways, Dan is at the appointment and he is trying very hard to keep Elizabeth happy while the babysitter entertains Abigail. Our appointment time was at 2:30 and it was already 3:30 when a doctor came in to the exam room. She didn't come in to exam the girls, she actually came in to complain that Elizabeth was being loud and making a lot of noise. 

My first question is- When is it ever not loud at the pediatrician's office? My second question is- Are you kidding me? 

From what Dan tells me Elizabeth was patting the little countertop in the waiting room like it was a drum. She was happy and giggling about it.  
Meanwhile, I was told that their was a baby screaming in the room next to them. Typical in a pediatrician's office. 

I wasn't there, but that doesn't mean I will not say how I feel about the situation.  I am very upset and here is why...

Dan and I are not one of those parents you may see out and about that lets their kids do whatever they want. We are already teaching them boundaries and we will tell them no when appropriate. If Elizabeth was being too loud, I know Dan or the babysitter would have directed Elizabeth's attention elsewhere. 

Also, the girls were both happy and not crying, so that is a big deal in itself.   We have twins lady! It's hard work! They had already been waiting an hour and that's a long time for toddlers. It's pretty much like waiting a week to them. Instead of complaining about her being "loud" your lucky they didn't complain about how long you were taking. 

Even if Elizabeth was patting on the countertop and making a noise, it's not like she has some sort of super baby strength. She is a year and a half old for goodness sack! It couldn't have been that loud. 

I wasn't there and I am glad I wasn't. The doctor isn't one of the doctors that normally sees the girls and she wasn't even the doctor that came in and evaluated the girls later on. If I was there I might have said something smart back. That's the Fowler in me. 

I can't believe the doctor had the nerve to complain. It seriously made me consider finding a different pediatrician office. 

Am I overreacting here? What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment