Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Cast

Yesterday was Elizabeth first therapy session with the cast on. She cried big crocodile tears when we put it on, but luckily her therapist had bubbles and that was a distraction. 
 
I am told to do 1 hour with the cast on outside of therapy. The cast is very difficult to put on and it took 2 of us yesterday to put it on her. You think with all our modern technology they could find something easier to use. 

This morning I was able to put it on, but Elizabeth was not happy and again cried big crocodile tears. It breaks my heart and I wanted to cry too. Luckly I brought bubbles with me and she was able to be distracted for about 20 minutes. We will have to try again later. 

This is going to be more difficult than I thought. The cast weighs so much that it makes her tilt to her side. I have to try to hold her up and play with her at the same time. I will just have to figure it out like everything else.






No comments:

Post a Comment