Friday, April 25, 2014

A crazy week that ended well

This has been a busy week for me because I have been getting ready for Elizabeth's therapy that begins on Monday. I can't believe it is finally happening.


It has been an overal stressful and odd week for me. It has been stressful because I have been busy getting my sub plans for my kindergarten class ready. That was a big job and I still need to get together sub plans for the next 3 weeks. Boo! I am just going to try not to think about it right now.

I am also stressed about her starting the therapy. I just don't know how she will take the whole thing. The unknown can be really hard to deal with sometimes. 


 It's also been an odd week as I mentioned.  I received  a jury duty summons for my county a little while ago and then this week I actually got a jury duty summons for The United States District Court of Maryland. What luck?! I read it and just laughed. Of course this would happen to me!

Then on top of everything my dog has been having some doggy issues so I had to take her to the vet. I learned she has an urinary problem and will need to be on meds the rest of her life. More meds for me to keep track of. Lucky me! 

Just as I was really starting to think the universe was against me and my luck has officially run dry I get a call this morning from Ronald McDonald House in Baltimore. We got in!!! We get to stay for all 4 weeks during her therapy.   It's really great news and a big weight off of my shoulders. One less thing for me to stress about. I really didn't want to have to drive Elizabeth back and forth everyday in the car for 3 hours each day. If you are keeping track that's 15 hours a week in the car if I hit no traffic. With this great news jury duty doesn't seem so bad. 


 
My luck has turned around! Now I need to pack and get ready for the stay. Elizabeth will be in her therapy for 4 weeks. I will keep you all posted on how it is going. Keep us in your prayers on Monday. 


 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my......jury duty is the reminder of the other world that keeps happening. I was called when my Mom was sick, we were moving etc etc. Mine was the District Court of PA. Fortunately a letter explaining my situation excused me. Elizabeth will continue in our prayers w/a special on the therapy part :). Hang in there...baby steps. So glad you're writing about all this. Now & then you can look back on accomplishments, so you know you'll have more. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete