Tuesday, April 22, 2014

First Time Out to Eat

The girls are a few days away from turning 17 months old (gestational age 14 months). To wrap up my spring break my mom and I took the girls out to eat for lunch on Monday. It was the girls very first time eating at a restaurant. 

When my mom asked me where we should go, I honestly had not a clue. I didn't know which places had good kids menus or which places had good high chairs. This is something that I had never experienced before. It was not only the girls first time it was a first for me. 

We finally settled on Long Horn. The girls ate a grilled cheese sandwich  and fries. They shared their sandwich and ate  the whole thing. It was their first grilled cheese and they really enjoyed it. 

While at the restaurant they loved looking at all the people and they even both said hi and blew a kiss to the waiter. :) They are charmers. 

My mom bought the girls some no mess markers to the restaurant. It's a special marker that only shows up on the provided paper. Abigail totally loved it. She has really been surprising me lately. Elizabeth liked it too, but she was more interested in the boy she saw sitting at a table close by in another high hair. 

I can't believe we finally went out to eat some place in public. It only took 17 long months,  but we finally got the go ahead from their doctors! It was fun afternoon and a great way to end my break. 



1 comment:

  1. Restaurant manners A+. How thoughtful of your Mom...she's clever that way. Oh and Elizabeth watching the 'little man' in the other high chair! Yikes, Melanie, bet you hadn't thought about that stage just yet!!! :)

    ReplyDelete