Tuesday, October 1, 2013

NICU Follow-Up

Yesterday the girls had their 3rd NICU Follow-Up appointment at Kennedy Krieger. I always find the NICU Follow-Up appointments very insightful. We always seem to learn something new. Yesterday the team gave us some new information on things to work on and we also got a new diagnosis. We left the appointment with 3 new referrals to see some new doctors too. It's hard to believe there is actually doctors we haven't seen yet, but it's true. 

The truth is we are still learning what Abigail and Elizabeth need and as time passes their needs will change even more. It's a long process and a long road ahead.  I just keep focused on doing whatever it is that they need and I say thankful for the growth they have made so far. 

If you are a NICU or preemie mom I really recommend trying to keep up with the NICU Follow-Up appointments. I have heard some parents stop going, but I personally think it is worth it.  

After the NICU Follow-Up appointment we headed to the pediatrician. The girls love the sound the paper makes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment