Monday, August 19, 2013

It's Off To Work I Go

I went back to work today for another exciting school year. I am a kindergarten teacher for those of you that don't know what I do for a job. I really love my job and I enjoying working. There is something really refreshing about having a job that you like and also that you are good at.  

I had mixed feelings today about going back to work. On one hand, I  was happy to return to work and catch up with my coworkers and hear about their summers, but on the other hand it was also very hard to leave the girls. Over the summer I got to
watch the girls get stronger and become more talkative. They both got teeth and learned to roll over!  I loved spending time with them and just hanging out. Today at work I missed them dearly and I kept thinking about what they were doing.  I hoped that they didn't do anything new without me there.

I decided a long time ago that I wanted to be a working mom, but it doesn't help the guilt that I feel when I am gone. I do, however, think it is really important that the girls see me working and learn the importance of being a strong independent woman. It is my goal that Abigail and Elizabeth will grow up and be strong career independent women too. 

As I sat in our school meeting today and I looked around the room I saw many of my coworkers that were also working moms and I knew I was making the right choice. It's not an easy choice to make, but I want to work so I can help support my family and be a good role model.  What I learned is that every mom needs to make the right choice for her family, and I feel that I have made the right choice for me and my beautiful girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment