Friday, August 9, 2013

6 Hours…

Six hours is the amount of time it took me to take Abigail to the eye doctor today. Two hours in the car both ways. She was mad and I was equally irritated.  It is really ridiculous when I think about the amount of time it takes me to get the girls to all of these appointments.  I am thankful that I do live pretty close to really great hospitals and doctors but sometimes I wish I had a Star Trek transporter to get to these appointments quicker.  It just breaks my heart when I think about one of the girls strapped in their car seat for hours.  It is bad enough they have to have 7 doctors to monitor their progress regularly but then they have to spend hours each week in the car just to get there.  I have heard from other NICU moms that the appointments seem to slow down as they get a little bigger but that doesn’t solve my problem now. Anyone have suggestions out there on ways to entertain babies for hours strapped in a car seat?

No comments:

Post a Comment