Saturday, August 10, 2013

Abby is a Pirate

After our horrible 6 hour eye doctor trip, I learned Abigail now has a lazy eye. I noticed a couple of weeks ago so I called the Wilmer Eye Institute  at Hopkins were she is being followed. Luckily I was able to get her in before I went back to work.  Once again I followed my mom instincts and I was correct. Normally I love being right and don't really like it when I am wrong, but when something  like this happens it's the opposite. I wish during this circumstance I was wrong.

So now that the doctor has confirmed my suspicion and we know for sure her left eye is a little lazy.
Her eye doctor ordered us to begin patching her good eye to force her weak eye to get stronger. We now have to patch her right eye for 2 hours a day. Yesterday was the first day I patched her, and boy was she mad about it. I am hoping she will get more comfortable with it days to come. The good news is we get to play Pirate during the day. It's always fun to say Arrrrr!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment