Saturday, July 26, 2014

Day Care It Is

This week Dan and I decided to take the girls to a Day Care/ Preschool instead of having a nanny come to the house like we have done previously.  It was a big decision and something not taken very lightly.



Since the girls have been home from the NICU we have had a nanny come to our home. It was truly the best decision at the time. It was easier for me to get to work in the morning. Taking 2 infants to a day care just seemed really difficult. Also, since Abigail has weaker lungs her Pulmonologist recommended that the girls stay home away from the germs/colds that other children carry. One sickness could have sent her right back to the hospital.

Last winter was very successful and with caution they never got a serious cold or the flu. Abigail's doctors were all very happy with how she did over the winter and since she is bigger now, that means her lungs are bigger too and stronger. 

Of course Abigail's Pulmonologist suggested staying home one more year with a nanny because she always sides with caution, so Dan and I made an effort to find another nanny for next school year. I interviewed a few people, but I just didn't love anyone. 



Since I am a teacher I understand the importance of a peer model and learning from others. Elizabeth is so smart and she needs to be challenged and Abigail is very busy so she needs something more than staying home. I really thought maybe the girls would like day care and since I couldn't find a great nanny, I felt that it was time. 

I decided to research the local day cares in my area and I talked to some of my working mommy friends for advice.  A good friend of mine recommend the place where her daughters go, so I went and checked it out.  I loved it and we decided to sign the girls up! 

The girls will be in a class with 4 other kids and they will have two teachers. They have their first teachers! I can't believe it. They are getting so big. 

I am of course worried about how they will do this winter and I feel NUCU Micro-Preemie mom guilt,  but they can't stay home forever. I know they are ready. 

They will sing, dance, have circle time, do crafts, have breakfast and lunch, enjoy two snacks, have rest time, and they will get to play. I think it sounds so much fun. Maybe I should ask if they have space for one more. I want to go! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment