Saturday, July 19, 2014

An Abigail Lynn Update

Abigail had two appointments this week. She saw her eye doctor and also her GI doctor.

Her eyes look good but she is farsighted. I learned that this is not a "preemie thing" which almost made me fall out of my seat because everything usually is "a preemie thing." Preemies are normally nearsighted so Abigail's farsightedness is all her. 

She will most likely need glasses but not yet. We will reevaluate in 4 months when she has to go back.

We did get some good new- NO MORE PATCHING!!! This is great news because I won't have to fight with her to keep it on. And when I say fight, I mean Abigail getting angry and ripping it off and me trying to distract her and put it back on. It's just great that I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Her left eye is still a little "lazy" at times. I notice it more when she is tired, but the doctor doesn't think it's significant enough to patch over. Yay!


Alright, on to the GI doctor. She saw her GI doctor who I have always really liked on Tuesday. She was very happy with her weight and height. She is in the 12% for her weight and 30% for height. She is on the chart! When she is 2 she wants us to stop her high calorie formula and just switch her to whole milk. Should be interesting when that happens.

And the best news ever- We Don't Have To Go Back!!! Yes friends, we are officially done with the GI doctor (unless some other issue comes up of course).  

Overall a good week for appointments. July 25th Abigail will have what I hope is her last sleep study. I will keep you all posted on that too.



Enjoy your weekend friends! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You can take a doctor off your list......Abby's the one! I was born w/a lazy eye too. My Mom had surgery on hers when she was very young (a long, long time ago). She didn't want me to have that, so maybe mine wasn't as bad anyway. I've always had to blink to bring it back & it definitely goes out & stays out when I'm tired. Eye exams are always tricky trying to keep it in. Hopefully, it will be something she can handle. So glad to hear about the successes along the way. Thanks Mel!

    ReplyDelete