Sunday, July 13, 2014

5 Facts About Going Out In Public With Twins

People react and say all kids of stuff to you when you have twins. This is what I have learned about life with twins so far. 

1. Everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE you go people will always ask "Are they twins?" And for some reason they yell this. 


2. Sometimes people will see me out and actually say- "Double Trouble!" I normally just flash a little smile but under my breathe I say "How dare you call my perfect angels trouble!" 

I have come up with the perfect response-  
They are not trouble. They are a double blessing. :)

3. I also get-  "Boy-Girl Twins?" -Um noooo. They are wearing the same pink or purple outfit. What makes you think I dressed a son like that?  Plus they usually have ponytails in their hair. Come on people! Please don't call my beautiful daughters a boy. In no way do they look like a boy. 

Let's make a rule friends- 
It's just like you don't ask a woman who has gained some weight if she is pregnant. If you don't know a gender of a baby don't say anything. Just comment on how cute they are. That is always safe and very kind. 

4. To any new mom out their with new twins be prepared for looks everywhere you go. The good thing is I can look a hot mess and know that I will pretty much be invisible because everyone will be looking at the girls and will not even notice me.

5. "I totally know what it's like I have kids a year apart." My response in my head- "Umm.. Not the same. Good try. You totally have no idea what it's like." Having kids a year apart I am sure has it's troubles and is hard too but it's not twins. 

People love twins. It's just a fact. Before I had my girls I had no idea
people reacted this way to twins. 

As hard as it is to have twins, it is still so rewarding. They sure are cute!
The girls and their God Mother Nancy
Whose driving here? 

No comments:

Post a Comment