Tuesday, November 17, 2015

World Prematurity Day

Today is World Prematurity Day! 

In 2014 just over 9% of births were premature according to the March of Dimes. Premature births are births before 37 weeks. I would literally have given my arm, foot, anything for my girls to have made it to 37 weeks. I have learned a lot about preemies and what it takes for them to make it in the hospital. Today is a day to recognize how amazing these little fighters are. 

Today I thank the nurses and doctors that work so hard each day to save babies that are born way too early. You all do amazing work and I thank you from the bottom of my heart! Today I am reminded of the strength of my girls. They both are truly my heroes! 

It is hard to believe that 3 short years ago my girls were in the NICU fighting to live. I feel especially blessed today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment