Friday, November 20, 2015

Preemie Diapers

I posted this before but I just had to share this picture again because it demonstrates the size difference between a newborn diaper and a micro preemie diaper. 



 Micro preemie diapers seriously look like small doll diapers. I am not afraid to admit that I honestly didn't even know they made diapers this small before I had the girls. 

I can still remember how amazed I was when I watched the NICU nurses change their diapers for the first time. They moved so quick and they were never afraid to move them around despite how fragile they were. 

I can also remember the first time I changed a diaper. My first diaper was Abigail's. Her nurse that day was Carrie and she was so nice and supportive. I was very terrified to do it the first time. It's a horrible feeling to be afraid to touch your child because you don't want to hurt them.  I had changed babies diapers before, but nothing like that. 

As time went on I became more confident and with practice I wasn't so scared. It wasn't how I imagined my first diaper experience would be, but that's okay. 

Looking at this picture it's hard for me to even believe Abigail and Elizabeth actually wore those little diapers. Looking at this really reminds me how far they have come and it brings back so many memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment