Saturday, November 7, 2015

A Bunch of Firsts

Last week the girls had a lot of firsts. They started PreK, rode a bus for the first time, and went on their very first field trip. 

The girls got into PreK with an IEP, due to their physical disabilities. I really like their teachers and I believe it will really help them to prepare socially, physically, emotionally, and cognitively for kindergarten. They will be the youngest in their class, but I think the pros out numbered the few cons to starting PreK your 3 year old year by a long shot.  I am so proud of them. They didn't even cry their first day. 

Thursday and Friday they rode
The bus to school. Their old physical therapist with Infants and Toddlers met them at daycare to teach Elizabeth how to get on and off the bus using the handrails. They loved the bus. They talked about it all weekend. 

Friday the girls had a field trip to the pumpkin patch. My husband and I both were a chaperone. It was great to meet some of their classmates. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what the school year brings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment