Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Preemie Support Groups

There are great groups you can join for preemie parent support on Facebook. It's a great way to meet and have conversations with other preemie parents.  All you have to do is search in Facebook. 

Here are some great ones I have found:
 
Micro preemie Support Network

Parents of Preemies Day  

Preemies Today 

Peek A Boo ICU


I also really like a group on Facebook called The Preemie Parent Exchange. The page is basically like a Craiglist for preemie parents. Parents can post extra supplies they have and parents can also request supplies that they may need.  


I find the groups really helpful but I do have a one suggestion worth noting. 
If you are the parent of a micro preemie I think it is truly best to stick with groups that are dedicated to just micro preemies in my opinion. 

Other preemies groups often have parents who post things about their 34-36 weekers and their issues/concerns are way, WAY different than micro preemies problems/issues.  There is a  reason there is the word micro in front after all. 

 I understand how devastating having a baby early (even if it's a week early) can be and I don't want to down play the seriousness, but the issues are different and I find it helpful to talk to others that have a similar situation. With that said, any time you can talk to another preemie parent it's helpful.

Share the knowledge friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment