Saturday, April 25, 2015

Extreme

According to this chart my girls were "extreme." No real surprise there. Everything was extreme. The 145 days in the NICU was extreme. Abigail's time spent on the ventilator was extreme. The amount of times Elizabeth dropped her heart rate, stopped breathing, and then turned blue was extreme. My anxiety level was extreme. I can go on and on here but I won't. 

I would have given my left foot for my girls to have made it to any other section of this chart, but thats just not what happened. 

I remember being jealous of babies that were 30- weekers in the NICU,  but I also know for those parents it is a stressful situation too. 

The truth is having a baby in the NICU is extremely hard no matter what.  Just one day in the NICU is hard. If you are a parent out there with a little one in the NICU keep strong! Just love your baby to the extreme and take it one day at a time. It is a roller coaster with extreme ups and downs, but you can do it. You're stronger than you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment