Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Abby's Tummy Troubles

Abby has been suffering through very serious constipation. She is on a strict Miralax and Exlax daily schedule and she still continues to have trouble going to the bathroom.

She has had problems since coming home from the NICU. At first her GI doctor thought that it could just be "a preemie thing," but now that she is getting older they has become more concerned. 

Abigail will be getting an Upper GI x-ray with contrast tomorrow and on May 11th she will be getting an Endoscopy, Sigmoidoscopy, and a Colon Biopsy.  I will also be scheduling a MRI for her soon as well.

I just hope that her doctor will be able to figure out what is going on so she can comfortably go to the bathroom and stop getting hernias.

I'll fill everyone in when we know more. I pray it isn't anything serious. 

1 comment:

  1. OMGoodness....I didn't realize this has been going on too! I just saw your post about the upper GI. It's not a help to little Abby, but I feel so bad for her....I just went thru exactly the same series of tests last fall. This spring did the colonoscopy & virtual colonoscopy...no definite answer other than there are kinks & twists in the colon. I, too, am on a series of laxatives daily. It's so hard to know what to do when I KNOW what my stomach feels like, I can only imagine how tough it has to be for you...and then she probably doesn't understand all the fuss. Wow! I am so sorry. Extra prayers for sure.

    ReplyDelete