Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Happy Homecoming Anniversary Liz

Elizabeth has officially been home from the NICU for 2 years today! Happy homecoming Elizabeth! You are a very special girl and you are loved so much. 

As some of you may be aware, Abigail actually came home from the hospital before Elizabeth. Abigail was able to come home sooner because she had a feeding tube and she was still on oxygen. 

After Abigail was discharged from Johns Hopkins, Elizabeth was actually transferred to a "step down" hospital called Mount Washington Pediatric Hospital in PG county. She had to remain in the hospital because she would drop her heart rate when she drank from her bottles. It didn't happen with each bottle, but she wasn't able to leave the hospital until the problem got under control.  She basically drank so fast that she wouldn't take a breath. This kind of makes me laugh now because she still eats fast today.  

Despite her being a little closer to home, the time when Abigail was home and Elizabeth was still in the hospital was extremely hard. I watched Abigail during the day and then visited Elizabeth at night when Dan got home from work. I cried every night when I left her in the hospital and my heart literally felt broken.  It was miserable. 

Finally after almost 3 weeks of the girls being separated she was able to come. It was seriously one of the happiest days of my life. My family was finally all together.
 
Coming home from the hospital

The first thing I did when I got home with Elizabeth was put both girls are my lap


Elizabeth is a very happy girl and she has the most beautiful smile. She enjoys coloring and she loves music and dancing.  She works so hard at therapy each week and she has truly amazed me how far she has come since her CP diagnoses. I am so proud of her! Happy Homecoming Anniversary Liz. Mommy and daddy love you!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment