Saturday, August 16, 2014

Spray Pad Adventure

Just a quick drive away is a brand new Spray Pad. It is located at the Town Hall in La Plata and I am assuming it was paid for by my local "Town of La Plata Tax." I have always complained about this tax, but today I was happy for it. 

It's called a spray pad because the water literally "sprays" up just like a water fountain. It is super cute. You press a button and the water turns on for 10 minutes. 

Today was the first day we took the girls. It's been open all summer, but we just haven't had a real chance to bring them until today.  Dan and I didn't know what to expect. The ground is cement and I of course didn't want Elizabeth to have to crawl/scoot around on the hard floor. I worry about her scraping her leg up.  

This is something most moms of toddlers don't have to worry about, but like with most things, I refuse to let her disability hold her back. We decided today we would go and check it out and figure it out as we went along. 



Elizabeth loved it and screamed with excitement. I didn't have to worry about a thing. :)



Abigail liked it too, but she liked to walk around holding her dad's hand. :) 



I love watching them experience something for the first time. It is so neat to see their little personalities come out.

I go back to work on Monday so we tried to do something fun as a family today. It was a great time and I know it will be something we take advantage of a lot next year when they can really run around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment