Saturday, December 12, 2015

Update!

It's been a while since I have posted. I have been a super busy working mom recently. After working all day with 29 kindergarteners and then ending my day with twin 3 year olds I am pretty done by evening time. Sorry the posts gave slowed down some. 

was asked to post an update, so here it is. 

Abigail is doing well. She is still on the small side, but like I have said before- She sure doesn't know she is small! 

Abigail's orthopedic is happy with how she is walking. He even wants us to start giving her time without her orthotics on to help build up some of her foot strength. 

We are still giving her the eye drops to help with her lazy eye. And boy does she hate that!  

We do have some upcoming appointments for her. She will see her ENT doc soon and her GI doc soon. She continues to be on a lot of meds for her constipation and appetite. I am curious to see what her GI doc has to say. 


Elizabeth recently saw her orthopedic and  physical medicine doctor. She got a new handbrace made by an OT at Kennedy Krieger to help stretch out her left hand. She is wearing it for about 30 minutes each night. So far she is tolerating it, but not loving it. 

The big news is- She will get her first round of Botox in her hand this month on the 30th. Everyone is anxiously waiting to see how the Botox will work for her. Fingers crossed that she will get some benefit from it. The idea is for her to get some range of motion in her fingers. 

Her orthopedic recently told me that if she doesn't willingly start to use her hand more there isn't even a surgery that he can do at this time to help her. This was very concerning to me. I guess in the back of my mind I just hoped a surgery would help fix it and unfortunately that just isn't the case yet. So please keep the prayers coming that this Botox will help. 

Elizabeth is also set up to do her 3rd round of constraint therapy again at Kennedy Krieger sometime late Spring. More info to come on that later. 

Both girls are in PreK and loving it. Yesterday I asked the girls what they did at school and they told me all about making a snowman. They are getting too big!!!

Thanks for all the support friends! I'll try to keep you all updated more frequently! 

Next month I'll have a blog for PreemieBabies101. I'll be sure to post it for you all. 

Xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment