Tuesday, March 24, 2015

5 Days Down... Several More To Go

We are officially 5 days into therapy. Elizabeth is such a trooper. She does everything her therapists ask her to do. She has been busy coloring, looking at books, blowing bubbles, pushing a baby stroller, completing puzzles, and playing with stickers and toys.

Her first few days were a challenge because she was frustrated with the idea of eating with her left hand. She was very upset at first, but today I am happy to report that today with help from the occupational therapist she ate some bites with her left hand. It literally brought tears to my eyes. 

This therapy is a big sacrifice. I have to miss work. We both have to be away from Abigail and Dan. Liz often asks me about "sissy." I know they miss each other. Dan reports Abigail will ask about her sissy too. Even though it's a big sacrifice it has already been worth it. I am seeing her do stuff with her left hand that I couldn't have even imagined. I'm so proud of her! 


I am also happy to report that we are now staying in the Children's House. It is very similar to Ronald McDonald House. You can check on and see where we are staying here: 

believeintomorrow.org 


No comments:

Post a Comment