Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve

2 years ago on Christmas Eve, Dan and I were surprised by one of our favorite NICU nurses. She arranged with the respiratory team and the doctors for our family to be together and spend some time together just the four of us. With a portable heart monitor and oxygen, Elizabeth was able to take a visit to Abigail's hospital room. The girls were just a few rooms apart, but it would be the first time that our family would be all together. It was truly the best Christmas gift anyone could have given me. It's so hard to believe that we spent last Christmas in the hospital and today the girls are crawling and laughing. I feel very blessed! 

In this picture I am holding Abigail and Dan is holding Elizabeth. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. 

If you are a Parent of a child in the NICU this holiday my advice is to try to make the best of it. The truth is it really just stinks, but just focus on how beautiful your baby is and remember its only for the time being. It won't be this way next year. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment